Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Top 5 Russian Defenseman in the NHL?

  1. #1
    I am Jack's insomnia DonaldLockhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    420 Paper St. Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    Drogulus

    Country
    This is DonaldLockhart's Country Flag


    Top 5 Russian Defenseman in the NHL?

    Who would you put at the top 5 from Russia on D?

    1. Andrei Markov MON
    2. Sergei Gonchar PIT
    3. Anton Volchenkov OTT
    4. Fedor Tyutin CBJ
    5. Denis Grebeshkov EDM
    __________________


    AND THEN, SOMETHING HAPPENED. I LET GO. LOST IN OBLIVION. DARK AND SILENT AND COMPLETE. I FOUND FREEDOM. LOSING ALL HOPE WAS FREEDOM.

    Finally living on the West Coast....Washougal, Washington is now home.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    9,352
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    Claudi27

    Country
    This is Casamitjana's Country Flag


    in soviet russia defense plays you?
    __________________
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRussianBear View Post
    What a glorious battlefield!

    Its time to drench this defeat in vodka.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRussianBear View Post
    Resistence is futile, ill keep raining Wyvern fire on anyone standing in our way.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer O-Chir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maple Ridge, BC
    Posts
    14,484
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    vanderWalters

    Country
    This is O-Chir's Country Flag


    Considering there are only 6 in the league, not much of a contest
    __________________

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldLockhart View Post
    Who would you put at the top 5 from Russia on D?

    1. Andrei Markov MON
    2. Sergei Gonchar PIT
    3. Anton Volchenkov OTT
    4. Fedor Tyutin CBJ
    5. Denis Grebeshkov EDM
    I'd put Gonchar at the top and Markov second. Other than that, I'd pretty much say that's the list.
    __________________
    We'll never forget.

    My current TBN Hero:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSouza View Post
    That might've been the dumbest football play I've ever seen, and I'm a Jets fan...

  5. #5
    I am Jack's insomnia DonaldLockhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    420 Paper St. Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    Drogulus

    Country
    This is DonaldLockhart's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by O-Chir View Post
    Considering there are only 6 in the league, not much of a contest
    There are some decent Russian rookies coming up the ranks. Kulikov could be the next great Russian defenseman. Not that there are a whole lot of great Russian defenseman though.
    __________________


    AND THEN, SOMETHING HAPPENED. I LET GO. LOST IN OBLIVION. DARK AND SILENT AND COMPLETE. I FOUND FREEDOM. LOSING ALL HOPE WAS FREEDOM.

    Finally living on the West Coast....Washougal, Washington is now home.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer O-Chir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maple Ridge, BC
    Posts
    14,484
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    vanderWalters

    Country
    This is O-Chir's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldLockhart View Post
    There are some decent Russian rookies coming up the ranks. Kulikov could be the next great Russian defenseman. Not that there are a whole lot of great Russian defenseman though.
    Yea I know, but this thread isn't about the up in comers, it's about the current ones in the NHL. Kulikov has looked good, but he hasn't played enough to warrant being ahead of any of those guys. The better thread would have been for the top Swedish defensemen or something
    __________________

  7. #7
    Right Brigade ColeJ.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waxahachie, Texas
    Posts
    10,033
    vCash
    1000

    Country
    This is ColeJ.'s Country Flag


    sergei zu....... awwww....

    ivan vishne.............. soon...

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ...originally Port Washington, NY
    Posts
    10,009
    vCash
    1000

    Country
    This is Z-Man's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by O-Chir View Post
    Considering there are only 6 in the league, not much of a contest
    Well there's also Zubov-oh wait...Kali-oh nope uhhh...Babchu-ugh hold on...uhhh...Karpovtsev?? Dammit! Oh wait what about Fetisov or Mironov or Khananov, oh nevermind.


    Oh but Federov played some D...ugh forget it.
    __________________

    "Why did Robert Nilsson leave the Oilers for the KHL?"
    "He wanted a better chance at winning the Stanley Cup."

  9. #9
    I think that
    1 Markov
    2 Gonchar
    3 Tyutin
    4 Volchenkov
    5 Grebeshkov
    the top forwards
    1 Ovechkin
    2 Malkin
    3 Kovalchuk
    4 Frolov
    5 N.Filatov
    top Netminder
    1 "Nabby"

    P.S.KHL is best league in the world....soon
    in KHL top canadians:
    defenceman - Kevin Dallman(Barys Astana)
    forward - Chris Simon(Vityaz Chekhov)
    goalie - Robert Esche(SKA Sankt-Peterburg)

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    8,490
    vCash
    1000

    PSN id
    Milly079

    Country
    This is Milly79's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by M@estro View Post
    in KHL top canadians:
    defenceman - Kevin Dallman(Barys Astana)
    forward - Chris Simon(Vityaz Chekhov)
    goalie - Robert Esche(SKA Sankt-Peterburg)
    Two scrubs, and an AMERICAN... right.

  11. #11
    Hall of Famer Delryk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    8,107
    vCash
    1080
    Gamertag
    Delryk

    PSN id
    Delryk

    Country
    This is Delryk's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by Boxxy View Post
    Two scrubs, and an AMERICAN... right.
    lol owned.
    __________________

  12. #12
    yeah ok!
    thats right
    sorry for my English
    the Russians best 5 def-men of all time:
    1 Vyacheslav Fetisov
    2 Sergei Zubov
    3 Vladimir Konstantinov
    4 Sergei Gonchar
    5 Andrei Markov

    we proud for our best players

  13. #13
    Veteran Lenkbron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dresden
    Posts
    1,523
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    Lenkbron

    PSN id
    Lenkbron

    Country
    This is Lenkbron's Country Flag


    Although i'm a Pens fan, Markov over Gonchar? No way.

  14. #14
    Tverdovsky?
    __________________

  15. #15
    I am Jack's insomnia DonaldLockhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    420 Paper St. Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    Drogulus

    Country
    This is DonaldLockhart's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by Lenkbron View Post
    Although i'm a Pens fan, Markov over Gonchar? No way.
    That's because any time Gonchar is on the ice he might get hurt. Other that this season Markov has been pretty solid.
    __________________


    AND THEN, SOMETHING HAPPENED. I LET GO. LOST IN OBLIVION. DARK AND SILENT AND COMPLETE. I FOUND FREEDOM. LOSING ALL HOPE WAS FREEDOM.

    Finally living on the West Coast....Washougal, Washington is now home.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldLockhart View Post
    That's because any time Gonchar is on the ice he might get hurt. Other that this season Markov has been pretty solid.
    I don't really think that's accurate. It's really only been this season and last that he's had major injuries. Yeah, he may pick up a few small ones here and there, but he played 70+ games each season from 99-00 to 07-08, with six of those with 75 or more. Last year was a major injury, and this year is another one, so yeah, that doesn't help.

    The thing is, since 02-03, when Markov was in the NHL for his first full season, he's had two seasons with fewer than 70 games, not to mention he's also dealing with a major injury this year that is likely to keep him out for 4 months. Saying that Gonchar isn't as good because he might get hurt and have to miss a few games is ignoring the fact that Markov has missed his share of games, too.
    __________________
    We'll never forget.

    My current TBN Hero:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSouza View Post
    That might've been the dumbest football play I've ever seen, and I'm a Jets fan...

  17. #17
    I am Jack's insomnia DonaldLockhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    420 Paper St. Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    Drogulus

    Country
    This is DonaldLockhart's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by erikthered View Post
    I don't really think that's accurate. It's really only been this season and last that he's had major injuries. Yeah, he may pick up a few small ones here and there, but he played 70+ games each season from 99-00 to 07-08, with six of those with 75 or more. Last year was a major injury, and this year is another one, so yeah, that doesn't help.

    The thing is, since 02-03, when Markov was in the NHL for his first full season, he's had two seasons with fewer than 70 games, not to mention he's also dealing with a major injury this year that is likely to keep him out for 4 months. Saying that Gonchar isn't as good because he might get hurt and have to miss a few games is ignoring the fact that Markov has missed his share of games, too.
    Maybe, but if Markov wouldn't have gotten hurt this season we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation.
    __________________


    AND THEN, SOMETHING HAPPENED. I LET GO. LOST IN OBLIVION. DARK AND SILENT AND COMPLETE. I FOUND FREEDOM. LOSING ALL HOPE WAS FREEDOM.

    Finally living on the West Coast....Washougal, Washington is now home.

  18. #18
    Hall of Famer O-Chir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maple Ridge, BC
    Posts
    14,484
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    vanderWalters

    Country
    This is O-Chir's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldLockhart View Post
    Maybe, but if Markov wouldn't have gotten hurt this season we probably wouldn't even be having this conversation.
    Same as you wouldn't be having this conversation if Gonchar didn't get hurt last year.
    __________________

  19. #19
    I am, obviously, a Volchenkov fan:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79jccXPZPQ"]YouTube - Volchenkov Destroys Hedman[/video]
    __________________


    Brisbane Clippers #23 - LW
    BESL S2 stats: GP: 2 G: 1 A: 0 P: 1 PIM: 0 +/-: PPG: 0.50
    BESL career stats: GP: 56 G: 16 A: 28 P: 44 PIM: 31 +/-: +1 PPG: 0.78



    NEW BEER RECIPE - Flag Day Pale Ale

  20. #20
    Minor Leaguer taylorbill24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    215
    vCash
    1000

    PSN id
    taylorbill24

    Country
    This is taylorbill24's Country Flag


    YUSHKEVICH

  21. #21
    I am Jack's insomnia DonaldLockhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    420 Paper St. Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    Drogulus

    Country
    This is DonaldLockhart's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by O-Chir View Post
    Same as you wouldn't be having this conversation if Gonchar didn't get hurt last year.
    I guess we will have to see how these guys do over the next 3-5 years. Gonchar is 34 and Markov is almost 31. I just have a gut feeling that Gonchar is going to have more injuries in the next few seasons. Gonchar will probably play at least 4 more seasons if not more so we can come back to this post later if anybody actually remembers. I just have a feeling this is the beginning of some health problems for Gonchar.
    __________________


    AND THEN, SOMETHING HAPPENED. I LET GO. LOST IN OBLIVION. DARK AND SILENT AND COMPLETE. I FOUND FREEDOM. LOSING ALL HOPE WAS FREEDOM.

    Finally living on the West Coast....Washougal, Washington is now home.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldLockhart View Post
    I guess we will have to see how these guys do over the next 3-5 years. Gonchar is 34 and Markov is almost 31. I just have a gut feeling that Gonchar is going to have more injuries in the next few seasons. Gonchar will probably play at least 4 more seasons if not more so we can come back to this post later if anybody actually remembers. I just have a feeling this is the beginning of some health problems for Gonchar.
    I never said that Gonchar is immune to injury, and you could be right about his future, but I just don't think it's fair to hold that against him when Markov isn't exactly playing 82 games every year. Right now, though, I'd still take Gonchar over Markov hands down.
    __________________
    We'll never forget.

    My current TBN Hero:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSouza View Post
    That might've been the dumbest football play I've ever seen, and I'm a Jets fan...

  23. #23
    guys,this is the best players of alltime
    very sorry for my English i try

  24. #24
    I am Jack's insomnia DonaldLockhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    420 Paper St. Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    3,589
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    Drogulus

    Country
    This is DonaldLockhart's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by erikthered View Post
    I never said that Gonchar is immune to injury, and you could be right about his future, but I just don't think it's fair to hold that against him when Markov isn't exactly playing 82 games every year. Right now, though, I'd still take Gonchar over Markov hands down.
    See, now we have dialog out of a thread about a small handful of Russian defenseman in the NHL. I would take Markov any day over Gonchar. I just think that he is a better overall player.
    __________________


    AND THEN, SOMETHING HAPPENED. I LET GO. LOST IN OBLIVION. DARK AND SILENT AND COMPLETE. I FOUND FREEDOM. LOSING ALL HOPE WAS FREEDOM.

    Finally living on the West Coast....Washougal, Washington is now home.

  25. #25
    Veteran Lenkbron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dresden
    Posts
    1,523
    vCash
    1000
    Gamertag
    Lenkbron

    PSN id
    Lenkbron

    Country
    This is Lenkbron's Country Flag


    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldLockhart View Post
    I guess we will have to see how these guys do over the next 3-5 years. Gonchar is 34 and Markov is almost 31. I just have a gut feeling that Gonchar is going to have more injuries in the next few seasons. Gonchar will probably play at least 4 more seasons if not more so we can come back to this post later if anybody actually remembers. I just have a feeling this is the beginning of some health problems for Gonchar.
    I don't think he has serious health problems, cause both injuries he sustained were after solid contact and he had bad luck that he took an injury out of it.
    It's not like he's out with hamstrings, groins or something like that every third game.
    With a little bit more luck, he is going to play full seasons over the next couple of years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
TBN