Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NHL 12 on PC???

NHL 12 on PC???

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened last year (NHL 11 was rumored to be on PC), so i guess we'll just have to wait.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/e...-revealed-5485

lets wait and hope.. ;D

Right, I hope it's not a typo. NHL 12 on PC would be a miracle

vCash
    Gamertag
    j0nnyd7

PSN id
    j0nnyd7

Country
    This is Laser6's Country Flag

Hall of Famer Add-on Artist Fel 96's Avatar
    vCash

PSN id
    Fel-96

Country
    This is Fel 96's Country Flag

Whoa, it's hard to believe.

vCash
    Gamertag
    nLz06

Country
    This is Södy's Country Flag

We'll have to wait until they make an announcement on the E3 I think. I don't believe it yet, would be awesome, though!

M.V.P. Add-on Artist cookiepuck's Avatar
    vCash

Country
    This is cookiepuck's Country Flag

LOL it's hard to believe they would come back to the pc just like that.. gonna pay attention to E3 now, hopefully we'll be able to confirm it.

vCash

Country
    This is Tinke's Country Flag

Please, let it be good n' true...

vCash

PSN id
    larminator

Country
    This is larma's Country Flag

I don't believe it until they officially announce it. We'll see.

Hall of Famer Add-on Artist
    vCash
    Gamertag
    BsU The Batman

Country
    This is alx83's Country Flag

I won't believe it even if they announce it! #NBAelite

vCash

Country
    This is DartArrowz's Country Flag

Hoping this is true.

M.V.P. Add-on Artist cookiepuck's Avatar
    vCash

Country
    This is cookiepuck's Country Flag

From softpedia:
    "The game is set to be launched on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, with the release date set for September 9 in Europe and September 13 in North America."

From Ea sports nhl 12 offical site:
    "Be the next legend in hockey with NHL 12. Coming to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, pre-order NHL 12 today from the EA Store."

We've been screwed yet again

Oh well, NHL 09 lives on for another season I suppose. Good thing this forum is still alive and kicking

nhl 2004 is all what pc gamer needs

vCash

Country
    This is CaprikorniuSHARK's Country Flag

F*** Y** EA Sports
    LW Camilo Cerón #89
    HD09ERS

vCash

Country
    This is DartArrowz's Country Flag

More Nhl 2004.

vCash

Country
    This is Drezz's Country Flag

EA Tiburon only has a dev team for FIFA for PC. It's the only title that has a large enough following to merit having a PC title made. They almost phased out FIFA in 2009, and were urged to release a hybrid version of FIFA10 which has been extended to FIFA11 and 12. I don't know if it will continue into 2013. The FIFA producer has talked at length about how difficult it has been to develop a PC version that has some NG functions in it (you can't port a 360/PS3 game to PC as easy as you think).

It's way more cost effective to release games for consoles, since their games have always been aimed at yearly casual gamers. If they wanted a realistic experience that had all the proper improvements without the gimmickry, they would have released a single title with enough DLC and patches to continue the life cycle of the game. But they make more money with yearly offerings. Its a business model that has worked for them since 1991.

Stick with your modded versions of NHL09 and NHL 2004. If you're a hardcore hockey gamer, 2004 is your best bet. If you want something that is a bit more plug & play and has the best graphic enhancements of the series (PC-wise, obviously ) then go with NHL09. Not much you can do - we don't have the numbers to justify a dev house dedicated to a hockey game. EA has the sports market covered.

I wish there was a way to get the benefits of NHL04 into NHL09. I really enjoy having the best graphics, but the gameplay is super important too. I have found decent settings for NHL09, but the ability to mod the arena sounds, etc, and the in-game graphics layout of NHL04 were bullet proof. I guess we can only hope.

Has anyone worked on modifying the Thrashers yet? I did this in the NHL04 game (where I had started a dynasty with Pittsburgh, wanted to play one season with the Avs, then return to GM the Pens -I had to switch every team, swapping the East and West, aligning divisions, etc; daunting task, but doable). It was pretty wild. I think for next year this should be easy. But for us NHL04 through NHL09 users, with the realignment that will occur in 2012-13, it could be tricky. Has anyone done the arena, sweaters, etc?

Thanks. Let's keep this site going, and keep the PC series alive!

vCash

Country
    This is RobMc570's Country Flag

There is plenty of Winnipeg Jets material out there, but there's no real use in modifying things until the proper name is known first. Even though the Winnipeger's will be playing at the MTS Centre, again, the in-house graphics will probably change with new advertisers,etc so it's not really worth it, yet!
    As for the AHL, with the Moose moving to St. John's, but not taking the "Moose" name with them, too soon for that as well. CgyFlames is working on the new ECHL teams, but that probably won't be released for awhile.
    As for the re-alignment to come, that can/will be done I'm sure sometime in 2012-13, still a ways to go for that!

Minor League Hockey Fan Add-on Artist
    vCash

Country
    This is CgyFlames's Country Flag

If the NHL team is indeed called the Moose, I can modify my jerseys to have the NHL markings in about 5 minutes. So I will get those out there if need be. As far as everything else, Rob is right: chill out people, we need to know more (read: name, logo, uniforms) before anything can go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
    I wish there was a way to get the benefits of NHL04 into NHL09. I really enjoy having the best graphics, but the gameplay is super important too. I have found decent settings for NHL09, but the ability to mod the arena sounds, etc, and the in-game graphics layout of NHL04 were bullet proof. I guess we can only hope.

Has anyone worked on modifying the Thrashers yet?
    We'll do it as soon as we know more... at the moment we don't even know if the team will be called "Jets" or something else.

PS: For those who don't know, NHL 04 community is now located here:
    http://z15.invisionfree.com/NHL04Rebuilt

Personally, for me it's everything I need from hockey gaming... played enough of next-gen games myself. I appreciate all the features that we have in this highly modified PC version (you'll never see that kind of stuff on consoles).

Minor League Hockey Fan Add-on Artist
    vCash

Country
    This is CgyFlames's Country Flag

I'm with trent as far as PC vs. the consoles. Actually, I just traded in NHL11 because I never play it. I still prefer PC. Although I play my other sports games on PS3, with hockey I'm too hardcore of a fan to accept the console product.

There won't be a PC version, right...? The realease date for xbox 360 and PS3 is 13 Sep 2011 and I haven't read anything official about a PC version.

Well then, screw you EA. One more year NHL 09. I'm so glad we have this fantastic editing site here, but I'm bored with NHL 09 after three years...

Quote Originally Posted by Irriducibile View Post
    There won't be a PC version, right...? The realease date for xbox 360 and PS3 is 13 Sep 2011 and I haven't read anything official about a PC version.

Well then, screw you EA. One more year NHL 09. I'm so glad we have this fantastic editing site here, but I'm bored with NHL 09 after three years...
    then try nhl 04 rebuilt!
    http://z15.invisionfree.com/NHL04Rebuilt/index.php?

great hockey simulator

1280x1024 in 2011..funny